Growing team will support Knox’s New England operations, and plan for future expansion
BOSTON, July 29, 2020 — Knox Financial, the smart and frictionless platform for building wealth through investment properties, today announced the company has doubled its staff with a series of new hires over Q2 and the beginning of Q3.
“In 2020, Knox continues to grow our business and our team. Homeowners and property investors who want to turn the properties they already own into hands-off, market-beating investments are learning just how much wealth they can generate,” said David Friedman, CEO of Knox. “We’re building a highly-skilled, passionate team that can deliver an extraordinary wealth-building opportunity to the markets we serve across New England and also launch in markets across the U.S.”
Knox announced its Boston area pilot in the spring of 2019, raised $4.7M in funding, and is now overseeing a portfolio of more than $55 million in residential real estate. In June, the company announced an expansion into cities across Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Maine, and New Hampshire. With the company’s new hires, Knox Financial now employs 14 full-time staff. The growing team of developers, regional managers, business development leaders, and leasing specialists, includes:
- Hunter Perry, Director of Expansion: Perry brings to Knox more than a decade of experience leading growth for national and global brands. Prior to joining Knox, he served as the director of strategic growth for Compass, and senior growth lead at WeWork. As Knox’s Director of Expansion, Perry is leading the launch of the Knox Frictionless Ownership Platform in markets across New England.
- Vanessa Davidson, Market Maker, Rhode Island: Davidson has spent her career bridging the gap between nonprofit housing agencies and housing providers. Previous roles included landlord and community engagement liaison for Supportive Services for Veteran Families Program at Volunteers of America, and housing navigator for Crossroads Rhode Island. As Knox’s Market Maker in Rhode Island, she will lead Knox’s operations throughout the State.
- Hassan Essa, Market Maker, New Hampshire: Essa is an experienced real estate agent, and a member of the New Hampshire Air National Guard. As Knox’s New Hampshire Market Maker, Essa will lead Knox’s growth in the Granite State.
- Salvatore Lombardo, Sales Manager: Lombardo is a seasoned sales leader. Prior to Knox, Lombardo served as the Director of Business Development for RoadRunner Recycling, where he built inside sales to over 50 employees and helped secure $20M+ in Series B funding. As Knox’s Sales Manager, Lombardo is responsible for scaling Knox’s business development and sales team.
- Meredith Tennihan, Leasing Specialist: Tennihan is an accomplished real estate executive with a career track record of developing and executing boutique and multi-family residential asset strategies for growth-oriented companies. As a Leasing Specialist for Knox, Tennihan will be responsible for marketing and leasing properties, to their fullest potential, on the Knox Frictionless Ownership Platform.
- Roman Mondello, Software Engineer: Mondello is a full-stack engineer who will work alongside Knox Chief Product Officer Chris Baker in overseeing the product roadmap for the Knox Frictionless Ownership Platform, which integrates financing and refinancing, accounting, tax, legal, insurance, tenant sourcing and communication, property maintenance, and everything else required to operate a property investment.
In addition to these six hires, Knox previously announced filling two leadership positions in the spring of 2020: The company hired former Uber executive Matt Marra to lead Knox’s expansion into new markets as VP of Growth, and Chris Baker as Chief Product Officer.
About Knox FinancialKnox is the smart and frictionless way to build wealth through investment properties. To learn more, visit www.knoxfinancial.com.